Saturday, January 20, 2007

A dad and a former Hawaii quarterback

Interesting "soccer convert" column from the University of Buffalo's "Spectrum" newspaper.

Great sentiments, Joe. Just a few things:

Well I haven't started spending Euros yet but that was one of the best sporting events I had ever seen. The game went for a scoreless 90 minutes, then a scoreless overtime, then in the second overtime the Revolution's Tim Twellman netted what was sure to be the game winner. Seventy-one seconds later Houston's Timmy Chang retaliated with a goal of his own.
Tim Twellman is Taylor Twellman's father, and the Dynamo/USMNT striker is Brian Ching.

Names aside, it's a nice piece to see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I realize the sentiment is nice, but I couldn't make it all the way through the column; the mangled punctuation (and general lack thereof) burns my eyes.